New Player Login
From the CEO ... Lynette Brady
Representative Photos; Sunday 17th June 2018
Social Twilight (Wednesday evenings) 6 weeks
Block 4 - 18th July to 22nd August
Registrations close 11th July
|Inside 5a-side (Monday evenings) 6 weeks
Block 3 - 25th June to 30th July
Registrations close 15th June
Fast 5 Wednesday and Friday mornings
9.30 am to 10.30 am
$5.00 casual or $40 concession ticket
Practical Update Coaching Clinics
Practical sessions to provide coaches with drills and game skill ideas for their teams. Coaches need to come prepared to participate in a practical session and wear suitable sports clothes and footwear.
Primary Shooting Competition
Mondays – 23rd July and 30th July (Court 10)
Wednesdays – 25th July and 1st August (Arena)
For ALL players registered with NNH. Players register on the night, no cost.
Netball competitions take a break over school holidays, games resume on:
Saturday Club 21st July,
Monday Primary and Mother Earth Futureferns 23rd July,
Tuesday Club Premier and Year 9's 24th July,
Wednesday Primary 25th July,
Thursday Intermediate and Club Premier 26th July,
Saturday College and Junior Netties 28th July
Rule of the Month:
- When the ball is ruled to be out of court play restarts with a throw in.
- The player taking the throw in:
- stands outside the court with at least one foot within 15 cm (6 in) of the line at the point indicated by the umpire (this foot is considered 'the landing foot')
- ensures all other players are on the court before releasing the ball
Methods of playing the ball:
- To gain possession a player may catch the ball with one or both hands
- Without having possession of the ball a player may bat or bounce the ball to another player but may not bat it deliberately to another player
- tip the ball in an uncontrolled manner once or more than once, then either catch the ball or bat or bounce it to another player
- bat the ball once before either catching the ball or batting or bouncing it to another player
- bounce the ball once before either catching the ball or batting or bouncing it to another player
For more of the above rules and information please refer to Rule 9.4 of the International Netball Federation Rule Book
NNH Representative Programme
Congratulations to Asher Mason, Daisy Hurley and Monique Rousseau who were all name in the U19 tournament team at NZ Nationals.
Congratulations to JK, Jennette, Viv and the team on coming 3rd at Nationals. Well done to all our Representative teams that took part in the Tournament, some great results!
For more information on the Representative programme, such as player commitment, tournament dates etc, please click here
Netball North Harbour App
With the start of the season, the App is the perfect place to find your draws and results! If you haven't aready, download the App from your phone store (search Netball North Harbour). It's a great tool for draws, up and coming events and programmes.
Facility & Events
- Our car park has been repainted, but is a lot narrower than previous years due to the footpath work, as a result of this several spots are now NO PARKING and are marked with yellow lines or say No Parking!
- Please note, There is no parking in front of the pedestrian crossing on Northcote Rd. This is now a No Parking area due to the narrowness of those carparks as well as for the safety of pedestrians crossing the road.
- Please keep your speed down and keep an eye out for people (especially children) running in and out around cars.
- Please respect and adhere to the instructions given by the Maori Wardens. They are there for the safety of all and have the full backing of Netball North Harbour and the NZ Police.
- Please don't leave valuables in your car as we have had break-ins in the carpark in the past.
The lost property box that is located in our Cafe is filled to the top with lots of items that need to find a home. Have a look through if you have lost something over the past few weeks, you'll be surprised what you find in there!
Don't forget our rules here at NNH, they are there for a reason! We have just spent thousands of dollars over summer fixing 3 courts due to water damage which is caused by sharp objects such as umbrella points digging into the rubberised surface.
**No dogs (except Guide Dogs) ** No scooters or bikes **
**No smoking or vapors anywhere on the premises (including the carpark)**
**No stilletos ** No chewing gum! (this sticks to the courts and can't be removed)